Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bitter or Sweet

I've been a sahm for a couple of months now and was able to watch our local cooking shows when my son and I are having our lunch. Not only once I heared through this chefs that onions should be first sauteed and garlic next. Hmmm.. Why am I talking about this? It doesn't make sense if you think bout it, but if you love to cook and want to serve good food on your table every time for your family it matters a lot that you'll learn this basic stuff of cooking.

So what's the reason behind this procedure? Well basically they said that it makes a big difference with the taste. Onion when sauteed longer tends to be sweeter making it more flavorful, while garlic when over cooked ends up to emit a bitter taste.

I always see my mother when she cooks that garlic is always the first being saueteed and I don't see any difference. My husband who's also a good cook on the other hand always starts with the onion and it taste good also. So which is which? Well, I guess it depends on the one who's cooking. As for me the secret of a perfect and tasty food is on the hands of the cook, they don't just heat ingredients on the fire they create a masterpiece with their dishes as an artist of the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment