Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gift Goodies

Christmas is just around the corner and I am proud to say that I am done with my Christmas shopping and gift wrapping but I am planning to do some goodies baking just like last year with the help of my son to be given to some relatives and friends.

My husband would like me to make Foods for the Gods this time aside from the coconut macaroons I did last time. I think it's a good idea aside from the fact that it's one of my favorite too.

So here's the recipe:

 

FOODS FOR THE GODS


2 whole eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup melted butter
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chopped dates
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 cup all purpose flour
  
Procedure:

1.     Preheat oven 300ºF
2.     In a bowl beat egg, add sugar, butter, nuts and dates. Fold in sifted dry ingredients.
3.     Pour in 13x9 inches rectangular pan.
4.     Baked for 30-40 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment